Do you want to feel good and regain the vitality you once had?
Are you starting to feel your age? Want to regain that vim,vigor, and vitality you heard about as a kid? It can be done. But the secret is not in a bottle. It's not that easy but it is definitely worth the effort. Come on in and give it a try.
I am a healthy, happy, 73 year old retiree with lots of experience in the pursuit of feeling good. I am not a health professional. I just want to share my knowledge, research, and opinions with people of all ages who really want to improve their health, fitness, and general well being. After all; nothing is more important than feeling good.
Any discussion of physical health, fitness, and vitality will obviously include topics such as diet, exercise, vitamins, supplements, chronic conditions etc. But there is much more
to it than that. Many modern medical professionals have come to accept the idea that real healing takes place in the whole person. While analyzing cause and effect within the physical body, consideration must be given to the mental, emotional, spiritual and social aspects of the patients life. This is the holistic approach to wellness. The American Holistic Health Association describes this approach in detail.
Included within this approach to wellness is the matter of responsibility. In the American tradition all aches and pains, or just not feeling good are handled by the family doctor.
Modern medicine is fantastic but it can't do it all. I once had a general practitioner tell me that my physical well being was his responsibility. I left and never went back. There is only one person who can monitor every aspect of your physical and mental being. That person also subconsciously records all your spiritual and emotional highs and lows. You are that person and the job is yours.
What you see on this site will reflect my strong personal feelings and my desire to share. I am adamant in my belief that each of us needs to take more responsibility for our own well being. You may not agree with everything here. That's fine. But before you reject it, why not check it out?
It really doesn't matter where you begin. Just pick a topic and go for it. Here are some of the topics you can learn more about.
- If I am only going to do one exercise, what should it be?
- Should I go on a specific diet?
- Should I be taking more vitamins?
- What about prescription drugs?
- Does holistic health mean I have to be religious?
- What is naturopathy?
- How does stress affect my well being?
- Can memory loss be prevented?
- I like my family doctor. How can she be more helpful?
- Aren't seniors supposed to take it easy?
Vitality: The capacity to grow, or develop:
Physical or intellectual vigor; energy.
- Vitality After 60 Blog
- Recent additions to Vitality After 60
- About Me
- This is who I am.
- Exercise for Seniors
- Regular exercise, especially aerobic, can result in weight loss, feeling good and overall wellness for seniors and retirees.
- Diet for Seniors
- Diet is not a dirty word for seniors starting a wellness program.
- Seniors, Drugs and Other Pills
- Seniors increasingly look to drugs and supplements in their quest to feel good. Here are some pros and cons of that pursuit.
- Body, Mind, Spirit; The reality of feeling good is more than merely physical.
- Natural Health for all Ages
- Natural wellness is not just for the young.
- Aging Bones and Joints
- How seniors can reduce and even stop deterioration of bones, joints and muscle.
- Keeping a Healthy Heart
- Heart health should be a priority of senior lifestyle.
- Aging, Anti-aging, and Common Sense
- Accepting and understanding aging is more productive than fighting it.
- Alternative Medicine; Great Options for Seniors
- Alternative Medicine offers relief and wellness to millions of people of all ages.
- The Aging Immune System
- The aging immune system can be strengthened with proper knowledge, understanding and effort.
- Home Remedies and Folk Medicine
- Home remedies are worth a try.
- Contact Us
- We welcome questions, suggestions and opinions.
- vitality After60 Table of Contents
- Contribute To Vitality After 60
- Would you like to share your knowledge about vitality after 60? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.